short path distillation unit
Short path distillation is a thermal separation technique operating at a process pressures in the range of 1 to 0,001 mbar.
It lowers the boiling temperature and is an excellent method for gentle thermal treatment of heat sensitive, high boiling products. The Short Path Evaporator consist basically, of a cylindrical body with a heating jacket, a rotor and condenser inside.
The vapor passes by the shortest route and with practically no pressure drop to the internal condenser where it is recipitated on the tubes. The non-volatile portion reaches the lower part of the evaporator and leaves it through the bottom product outlet. The residual vapor and inert gases flow through the vacuum nozzle to the vacuum system.
On the supporting structure of the rotor mobile precision wiper blades are mounted.
- Residence time of a few seconds.
- Required distillation achived in a single pass.
- Enhanced vacuum lowers boiling points by 40 to 50 "C.
- Excellent for gently processing heat sensitive, high boiling products.
- Chemical Industry
- Effluent Treatment Plants
- Polymers Industry
- Food products